Some Tweet, some Post, and some Instagram their every thought or adorable moment over the course of the weekend. Me? I have a blog. So, here’s my weekend, nicely condensed into 10 anecdotal bullets.
1. I caught up on a couple of People magazines from a stack of about 10 that my Mother-in-law shared with me. So now I know what happened in the entertainment world the weeks of May 19, 2014 and June 9, 2014. (Did you know Kim Kardashian Kanye West got married?!)
2. I took my girls to a pumpkin patch and we purchased 5 little pumpkins, one for each member of our family. They now sit adorably on our mantle. (see photo)
4. With a heart full of guilt, I sent my husband and children to church and to a family gathering without me, and I stayed home to rest. This pregnancy is hitting me hard right now in every way imaginable (boo-hoo…but I’m very grateful for this little boy inside of me.).
5. My 6 year old wrote and illustrated 6 short books, complete with plot lines and “The End” on the last page.
6. My husband and I searched all over the house for my 3 year old’s favorite lovey before he finally got in the car and drove back to where they had been earlier to search the entire building. Not 10 minutes after he got home, I found it stuffed inside her small doll house (with the door closed). I saw a bit of it sticking out of the window.
7. My daughter left this note on the counter last night before she went to bed (see photo at right) and we have no idea what it means. She gets an A for remembering the apostrophe, despite the incorrect grammar.
8. Despite the fact that it’s September and 90 degrees outside, we borrowed Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer from the Library and watched it 6 times.
9. I watched 3 episodes of The Pioneer Woman and saved 2 of them in my DVR, because I naively think I’m going to make her “big steak salad ” or glazed ham one of these days.
10. My fantasy football team scored the highest points in the league for the second week in a row! (Well, we still have Monday Night Football to go, but it’s looking very promising.) Can’t believe it!
Share a bullet-style anecdote about your weekend with us on our Facebook or Twitter pages! Have a wonderful week!