Let’s face it, Moms are BUSY. Between school events, homework, after school activities, play dates, and more Moms are always on the go. I’ve been in the parenting world for several years now and there are a few things I’ve learned that I need to ALWAYS have with me. Most of these things I keep in my purse, but keeping them in my car is important too. (The Daily Momtivity Moms shared what they keep in their purses last year. Come read that post here!)
5 Things a Mom Should Have with Her At All Times
1. Cash: I’m not talking 100’s of dollars, but it’s important to always have a little cash with you. You never know when you might need $1 for something and it’s a cash-only place (like a snow cone stand or kids’ sports event). I always try to keep $5 with me for this reason.
2. Snacks: If your kids are like mine they are CONSTANTLY hungry (especially my daughter)! I try to keep some snack mix or pre-packaged snack ready to go for them. The snack might end up being your saving grace for whiny/starving kids! My no bake PB balls make great snacks on the go!
3. Wipes/Sanitizer: I am constantly wiping little hands and faces and wipes are perfect for this reason. Especially after they’ve been eating those delicious snacks in the car, fingers will need wiping. I’m sorta germ freak too and I can’t stand dirty hands. I wash my kid’s hands immediately after school and after any playground. Just last week we went to watch my husband’s basketball team play and I was so thankful for wipes. My 2-year-old was all over the bleachers and it’s just gross!
4. Toy/Book: It’s a great idea to keep a little toy or book in your purse or car. You never know when you might be stuck in traffic or you need something to distract your kid with while you run errands. A little $1 toy works great and books from happy meals work well too. Lightweight and fun.
5. Gum/Mints/Non-choking candy: This is mainly for older kids but I can’t tell you how many times we’ve been running around and my daughter starts to feel a tummy-ache. Gum is great for her. I’ve also used the candy as a bribe for my little one when I needed him in the car or needed to distract him! Smarties and dum-dum’s work well for this.
[bctt tweet=”Moms need to be prepared for anything and everything. Here are the 5 things I NEVER leave home w/o!” username=”dailymomtivity”]
Let’s hear from the other Mommies out there, what are your must-haves for your purse/bag?