This American flag fruit tray is perfect for the 4th of July or any summer potluck party. It makes a healthier dessert option plus it’s great for kids!
Summer time of the year it’s always fun to have a fruit tray or a healthier snack option to bring to a party or picnic. My kids love them some fruit. If I have fruit cut up and ready they will eat it all day long.
This American flag fruit tray is festive for any holiday gathering plus it’s a cinch to make. All you really have to do is wash your fruit well and then put it together right before you head out.
My biggest challenge was keeping my kids out of the fruit when I was washing and cutting the strawberries!
American Flag Fruit Tray
1-2 pints of strawberries (washed, pitted and cut in half)
1 pint of blueberries (washed)
1 bag of yogurt pretzels
tray (you really need something flat which can be hard to find!)
1 small bowl for the blueberries
toothpicks to serve
- Wash and cut your strawberries. Do you have a good washing method for fruit? I’ve always just done something like this DIY wash you can make.
- Wash and dry your blueberries.
- Keep everything ready to go until you are ready to assemble.
- Place blueberries in a white bowl and put them in the corner of the tray.
- Place a row of strawberries at the top, then a pretzels. Continue with the pattern. I made 2 of each.
- Serve with toothpicks
That’s it! Keep in fridge until you are ready to serve. This makes a great after swimming snack too! My kids couldn’t wait to dig in. It’s so tasty and nice that it’s healthy too.
More 4th of July Ideas