This button pumpkin craft is such a fun craft to make with older kids. It was a great one my tween daughter loved doing. This would be fun to do at a Halloween party or even to have a few friends over and craft! It doesn’t take many supplies and the final product is super cute.
Remember my button heart craft I made last year? I really liked how it turned out and always wanted to do something similar with another holiday. We decided this year to have a button pumpkin craft day since it’s getting close to Halloween. It only takes a few supplies and it’s fairly easy to do!
Button Pumpkin Craft
- set of multi-sized orange buttons (I found a good variety pack at Hobby Lobby)
- 8X10 canvas
- black paint/paintbrush
- painters tape to make stripes or masking tape
- hot glue gun
- green buttons for stem
- orange paper for pumpkin stencil (optional)
- Start off by marking off stripes with painters tape on the canvas. We made the canvas go landscape to get a wider pumpkin but you can choose how you want it to go.
- Using the brush and black paint, paint the white on the canvas and give it 2 coats.
- Once the paint as totally dried, remove the tape.
- Using the orange paper, draw a stencil an orange pumpkin and make sure it’s a good size on the canvas.
- If so, glue the orange stencil down and begin placing the buttons down covering the pumpkin. We didn’t glue them right away. We placed them on the stencil and then glued.
- Once you are ready, glue them down carefully with hot glue. Adult assistance would be needed here.
- Add green buttons for a stem.
Have you ever made a button craft before? Since this is our 2nd time making one we already have plans to make one for the next holiday now too! They are really easy and turn out super cute!
Looking for another craft to do with a tween? Check out this fun countdown board that you can make with your kids!