We love all sorts of enchiladas in our house. These cheese enchiladas are perfect for your meatless meal or anytime you want a tasty homemade meal. I love how easy this is to make and delicious for the whole family.
- 10-12 corn tortillas
- 1 can of red enchilada sauce
- 2 cups of cheddar cheese
- olives to garnish (optional)
- cooking oil to crisp the tortillas
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Using a non-stick skillet heat up some oil and carefully crip each corn tortilla. Less than 20 seconds on each side should work. This helps to keep the tortillas from falling apart, a trick I just learned!
- Open up the red sauce and add some to the bottom of the baking dish. The bottom should be coated.
- Once the tortillas are ready to go you will now start to make the enchiladas. Add some cheese to each tortilla and carefully roll up each one and add to the baking dish. Keep doing this until you have the number of enchiladas you want. I was able to make at least 8 for my family of 4.
- Add the remaining red sauce mixture (to cover the top) and any additional sauce you might want.
- If using olives, place on top now. (I hate olives so I will NEVER add them in but they are called in lots of enchilada recipes!)
- Top the sauce with any remaining cheddar or Mexican style cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until all the cheese is bubbly and melted 🙂
Serve with chips, homemade salsa, and a side salad. This is the perfect meatless meal! I was worried about my husband not really liking these since there’s no meat but he devoured them. My kids did as well! Make this for your next meal plan. It was so easy and tasty. These are even better the next day for leftovers.
These look delicious! And you totally cracked me up with your olive comment. ?