Cheesy egg toast makes a delicious meal you can prepare and be eating in just a few minutes. It’s super cheap to make and also kid-friendly!
A few weeks ago, I was wanting to mix up my breakfast routine and try something new. I’m not a huge fan of eggs but I do notice that when I eat them for breakfast I stay fuller longer.
After looking for some new ideas on how to make eggs, I discovered cheesy egg toast. Because I love toast with my eggs, this is the perfect combination!
How to Make Cheesy Egg Toast (recipe for 1)
- 1 piece of bread
- 1 egg
- shredded cheddar cheese
- spoon or fork
- baking pan (sprayed)
- salt and pepper (optional)
- jelly to garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350
- Put the piece of bread on the baking dish and using a fork or spoon to smash the middle to make it flat. You can also use your fingers. You want just the middle part to be flat. The edges of the bread should be normal.
- Crack open the egg and carefully put it in the middle of the bread.
- Salt/pepper the egg if you want.
- Spread some button along the edges of the bread all the way around.
- Sprinkle some cheese over the buttered edges.
- Bake the egg for 5-7 minutes (This depends on how like your egg cooked! If you like it runny, you can cook less. If you like a totally cooked egg it might need to cook 7ish minutes. )
- When it’s done, garnish with some jelly. (This is totally optional too. I like a little sweet fruit spread with this to taste!)
I liked this cheesy egg toast I think I ate it for a solid week straight. I loved that it was so easy to do and cook. I could clean up the kitchen while it cooked and then eat it!
These would be fun to make also for a breakfast for dinner idea! Do you ever have breakfast for dinner? We do! We usually have homemade pancakes but the cheesy egg toast is also a fun idea, and so simple!