If you love pasta then this add this easy pasta salad to your list to try. It’s great as a side dish or even by itself!
I love a good easy pasta salad. I’m lucky that my kids love pasta salad which makes it easier on me. When the kids like something we usually end up having it more often! This easy pasta salad is good year round and trust me when I say this- it’s actually better when you make it to serve the next day.
It does come with several veggies and options you can easily omit or swap out for something else you might prefer. The one main thing you cannot leave out is the holy grail dressing that ties it altogether- the zesty Italian salad dressing! I could not believe it the first time I made it that the dressing really is what made everything so flavorful but it really is. I usually buy 2 bottles so I will have these on hand to make this easy pasta salad whenever we want. It’s so good!
Easy Pasta Salad With Zesty Italian Salad Dressing
- Pasta, 2 different kinds I did bow tie and a spiral. A tri-colored is fun too!
- cherry tomatoes
- red onion
- red pepper
- 1/2 cup of fresh parmesan cheese
- 1 bottle of Zesty Italian Dressing
- olives if you want (I omitted)
- Boil and drain your pasta.
- Wash and cut up all of the veggies you want to use.
- In a large bowl combine your pasta, veggies, parmesan, and cut up onion.
- Add most of the zesty Italian dressing but save about 1/4 cup to put on right before you serve!
- Put a cover on the bowl and store in the refrigerator for at least a few hours. (It’s better if it can sit overnight!)
- Before serving, toss the pasta and add in the rest of the dressing. Add in anymore fresh parmesan to garnish.
Looking for more ideas for your kids? Be sure and check out my other kid-friendly recipes!