With summer here, you’ve got to keep the kids busy otherwise they will be BORED. You know what happens they get bored? They come to bother YOU. To keep them from happening I’ve put together a list of fun things you can do all summer long in Dallas to have some fun. But really, these are great ideas to keep the kids having fun all year long. Check out these fun ideas in Dallas you can do when family comes into town or if you just need something to do.
Fun Ideas in Dallas
- Legoland Discovery Center Grapevine
- Grapevine Aquarium
- Crayola Experience (Plano)
- Pinstack Bowling
- Klyde Warren Park~ a park built over an interstate in the heart of downtown Dallas! It’s so cool!
- Epic Waters Indoor Water Park
- Go Ape Plano ~ A Zipline and treetop adventure. Make sure you read the restrictions and age requirements before going
- Galleria Ice Skating
- Safari Run~ great for the younger kids
- Peppa Pig World of Play
- Hydrous Wake Park in Allen and one in Little Elm. Great for People Watching!
- Perot Museum
- Heard Museum (McKinney) Outdoor trails to walk, and beautiful landscape. Would be nice on a great weather day.
- Dallas Arboretum~ A 66-acre garden that is absolutely gorgeous! The fall is decorated with tons of pumpkins and the spring full of flowers. A must see!
- Dallas Zoo ~ A wonderful zoo you can do in one day. Feed the giraffes and ride the monorail train.
- Reunion Tower
- George Bush Library
- Dallas Aquarium
- Escape Hunt Room in Dallas
- Medieval Times
- Hawaiian Falls Waterpark
- Six Flags Over Texas
- Frisco RoughRiders Game
- Thunderbird rollerskating
- Sci-Tech Discovery Center in Frisco
Have you done any on this list? As a family, we have done lots of these and there are more that I definitely want to try! A great summer activity that really wears the kids out and is different is the wakeboard park in Allen. There is also one in Lewisville too. This is one you need to check out with your kids. They offer day camps all summer long! It’s great for kids of all ages and even beginners. It’s one my kids really love and they’ve gotten several friends to try it out too!
Are you looking for more to do across Texas and beyond? Check out my post on family ideas for travelling across Texas!