Now that September is ending (FINALLY!!) my favorite holiday of all time is just around the corner! HALLOWEEN! I love all things Halloween and this year having an 8 year old and a 2 year old Trick or Treat-er is going to be so much fun 🙂
Halloween is such a candy-sugar filled holiday that I thought it would be fun to try some healthier Halloween treat ideas. There’s nothing wrong with trying to be a little healthier. Not to mention that more and more children have allergies/sensitivity to foods. Maybe some of these treats will work for you.
- Oranges (cuties or packaged orange slices)
- Stickers or Tattoos
- Water (trick or treaters are always thirsty!!)
- Trinket Toy (rings, pencil, fake teeth)
- Glow sticks (we did this one year and the kids loved it!
- Apple sauce
- Fruit Leathers or Annie’s Fruit Bunnies
- New Toothbrush 🙂 Because they will all need a toothbrush after all the candy they will get from other houses!
We participated in a Trunk or Treat last year and we gave away the fake teeth! They were a huge hit. The fun fake fingers were fun too! Just to be honest, I do give out candy as well but it’s nice to have candy alternatives for those kiddos that can’t have candy! There are lots of fun candy alternatives in the stores now.