Now that we are all stuck at home we need to find some ways to keep the kids busy. It’s easy to want to lose your mind and let them do screen time all day but even that gets boring. Here are some ideas to stay off screens and keep the kids busy at home. I hope you find a few ideas that will work for some of your kids!
1. Make your own play dough.
This serves as a cooking activity and a fun sensory activity. The play dough will last forever and is so much better than store bought. The kids will love it. Add in some little trinket toys or cookie cutters and it will keep them occupied for hours. Check out this no bake play dough recipe.
2. Create a Crayon Sensory Bin from Toot’s Mom is Tired
An easy and creative sensory bin idea with things you already have at home. Keeps kids busy and creating for hours.
3. Make a Dollhouse out of Cardboard from DadLife Lessons
Turn those empty amazon boxes into some creative crafting! I show you how to make a dollhouse from those cardboard boxes.
4. Ladybug Painted Rocks from The Flying Couponer
Aren’t these Ladybug Painted Rocks the cutest? These adorable little bugs will look amazing in your home and outside in your garden.
5. Baking Soda & Vinegar Activity from Daily Momtivity
Keep the kids busy for hours with this fun science activity. They will love mixing and learning with this!
6. Easy Budget-Friendly Activities for Preschoolers (7 Ideas!) from Mama Shark
Cheap and easy activities that can be done with stuff from around the house!
7. Make Shrinky Dink Keychains from Coffee and Carpool
A fun activity and gift idea for friends as well!
8. Easy and Fun Paper Bag Puppets (19 Ideas!) from Simple, Everyday Mom
Grab your giant stack of paper bags and make one or more of these easy paper bag puppets!
9. No Mess Painting Idea for Toddlers from Daily Momtivity
Toddler will love this painting idea and you will love that it doesn’t get paint everywhere! This is great for toddlers and younger kids.
10. Flower Kindness Craft by Coffee and Carpool
This flower kindness craft and friendship flower are the perfect way to show friends they are loved and to spread more kindness.
11. DIY Moon Sand from All About Baby Blog
Diy moon sand is a great way to keep your toddler busy. It is so much fun to play with and easy to make. You only need two ingredients that you most likely already have at home and it is save to eat in case your toddler likes to put everything in the mouth.
12. Make Your Own Floating Popsicle Boat Craft from Hunny I’m Home DIY
You’ll love this adorable floating popsicle stick boat craft for kids. It’s easy to put together and perfect for fun water play, too!
More Ideas To Keep The Kids Busy At Home
- let the kids build a fort
- indoor birdwatching ~ idea from Take Them Outside
- play board games
- 5 Easy Science Experiments~ idea from The Growing Creatives
- read out loud to the dog (or cat) or stuffed animals
- make a map of your room
- go on a nature walk
- write a letter to a family member
- bake something together
- Winter activity ideas for Toddlers ~ idea from Amy Lanham