It’s that time of year. Cold and flu season are upon us. I think one of the hardest parts of parenting is when your kids are sick. (especially a little one that can’t express what’s wrong!) The good news is that you are not alone when you have a sick kids. I’ve found some awesome Moms to help give their advice and tips/tricks on making your kids feel better FAST 🙂
(This post contains affiliate links. If you click on the link and make a purchase, I earn a small commission.)
Remedies from Moms on how to make Sick Kids Feel Better
- Diffuser/Oils I started using oils 2 years ago and I LOVE them. I diffuse and apply to myself and my kids. We have several diffusers around the house. I buy some YL oils but I do find really good ones too at Sprouts and Whole Foods.
- Vicks on feet/cover with socks This is a trick given by lots of Moms. If your child has a bad cough, cover their feet with Vick’s vapor rub (top and bottom) and then cover with socks. This really helps ease the nighttime coughing. I do this for myself too!
- Elderberry I haven’t used this myself yet, but I just ordered this! I’ve heard lots of good info on this!
- Make a Bed on the Couch Cover a couch with fluffy blankets and pillows. (If your child has the yucky stomach stuff then use beach towels! It makes for an easy clean up if needed!) My kids always feel better when they can lay low on the couch.
- Make a thermos of hot water (lemon, ginger, honey) Sip and steam!
- Nose Frida This is one of my things I tell all new Moms about. It looks gross and might seem weird but it really works to get out all the junk from their little noses safely. I LOVE this product!
Having sick kids is no fun! Hopefully, these tips will help ease some pain and your kids will be good as new in no time!
Kids have the awful stomach flu? Check out our amazing tips on how to deal with this yucky bug and how to be prepared before it even starts!