It’s that time of year. Cold and flu season are upon us. I think one of the hardest parts of parenting is when your kids are sick. (especially a little one that can’t express what’s wrong!) The good news is that you are not alone when you have a sick kids. I’ve found some awesome Moms to help give their advice and tips/tricks on making your kids feel better FAST 🙂
(This post contains affiliate links. If you click on the link and make a purchase, I earn a small commission.)
Remedies from Moms on how to make Sick Kids Feel Better
- Diffuser/Oils I started using oils 2 years ago and I LOVE them. I diffuse and apply to myself and my kids. We have several diffusers around the house. I buy some YL oils but I do find really good ones too at Sprouts and Whole Foods.
- Vicks on feet/cover with socks This is a trick given by lots of Moms. If your child has a bad cough, cover their feet with Vick’s vapor rub (top and bottom) and then cover with socks. This really helps ease the nighttime coughing. I do this for myself too!
- Elderberry I haven’t used this myself yet, but I just ordered this! I’ve heard lots of good info on this!
- Make a Bed on the Couch Cover a couch with fluffy blankets and pillows. (If your child has the yucky stomach stuff then use beach towels! It makes for an easy clean up if needed!) My kids always feel better when they can lay low on the couch.
- Make a thermos of hot water (lemon, ginger, honey) Sip and steam!
- Nose Frida This is one of my things I tell all new Moms about. It looks gross and might seem weird but it really works to get out all the junk from their little noses safely. I LOVE this product!
Having sick kids is no fun! Hopefully, these tips will help ease some pain and your kids will be good as new in no time!
Kids have the awful stomach flu? Check out our amazing tips on how to deal with this yucky bug and how to be prepared before it even starts!
Find us on Facebook for more kids’ activities and yummy recipes 🙂
This is a great list. I will have to try the Vicks foot trick next time I have a sick kid.
It works!!! I love it for myself too when I have a nagging cough 🙂
I swear by putting Vicks on your feet. It sounds ridiculous, but it works. It also works great to keep my daughter in bed- even if she’s sick, she still has to know what’s going on. Squishy socks are not worth it!
I haven’t tried a homemade elderberry syrup, but I have had good results with Sambucol. It is an over-the-counter elderberry syrup designed to boost immunity. Ask a medical professional you know and they will tell you that this stuff is what keeps the doctors from catching your cold!
I’ll have to look for that Angela, thanks!
Vickie Ceccato says
Great tips, we use the Vicks one too. Does the trick. Thanks!
I love that one too!
Alli @ Tornadough Alli says
What a great article. I need to utilize the majority of this list. My kiddos just got over being sick so this will go on my need to know pile!
Thanks Alli, having sick kids is sooo hard! I hope your family stays healthy!
Thanks for this. My kids are sick right now. 🙁
Oh I’m sorry! Having sick kids is no fun at all. Hope they are better soon!
I don’t think we would have survived without the Nose Frida here at The Triplet Farm. We all would have surely drown in snot without it! And I’m just starting oils. Can’t wait to see if it helps out my snot monsters!
Love the nose Frida too!! You will LOVE oils 🙂
Vicks worked great on my son. And I thought the Nose Frida was the strangest gift someone got me for my baby shower… until I needed it. Then I realized what a really awesome gift it was! Thanks for these tips! I’m pinning this for the next time we get sick kiddos.