I love giving my kids healthier treats– I really do. Sometimes though it’s fun to bake in the kitchen with kids. We had one of those mornings the other day and made these delicious and fun monster cookies! We had a blast making them and I loved having a little helper by my side to help me measure and pour. These monster cookies are the perfect Halloween treat or really at any time of the year.
How to Make Monster Cookies
What You Need:
- 1 stick of butter (softened)
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of peanut butter (creamy)
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup of flour
- 1 and 1/2 cups of quick oats
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
- 1 cup of mini M& M’s
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- candy eyes (optional)
What You Do:
First, you need to mix the wet ingredients in a bowl.
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a large bowl mix (or a stand-up mixer) mix together the softened butter, peanut butter, and brown sugar until fluffy.
- Mix in the egg and vanilla.
In another bowl mix the dry ingredients:
- Mix flour, baking soda, cornstarch, baking powder, and salt together.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix together a few times.
- Finally, stir in the oats, chocolate chips, and mini m&m’s.
This next part is totally optional but works best for me. I put my bowl in the freezer to let the dough harden just a bit to help form balls better to bake. You do not have to do this.
Spray cookies sheets and scoop out a little dough to form cookies on the cookie sheet.
Bake at 350 for 6-8 minutes.
If using the candy eyes, get those ready to pop in as soon as the cookies come out of the oven. They will be really warm and be melting so you can pop the candy eyes easily!
I have to say, these cookies turned out so cute and these were my very first ever monster cookies. I had NEVER had them before. My husband said they were a staple up north growing up- everyone served monster cookies! My kids loved them and before I knew it, they were gone 🙂