This patriotic suncatcher is so simple to make and fun for any holiday! It’s perfect for preschool age kids or even older kids too!
As we were getting closer to Memorial Day I was wanting to do something crafty and patriotic. My youngest (age 5) is not the one that likes to color. He’s really more into science experiments. I have to really work to get him to color.
With this craft, once he saw the water bottle he knew it was going to be fun! I’ve done these types of suncatchers before for St. Patrick’s Day and what I love about them is that before you spray they might not look the best but once the colors run, mix, and dry they look great!
How to Make a Patriotic Suncatcher
Another great thing about this is that it’s a totally simple craft. I like simple! All you need for this is:
- coffee filters
- red, blue markers
- water bottle
- tray or towel to color and spray on
- Using a tray start coloring a coffee filter. We’ve tried water coloring and the markers worked best!
- Fill up the white spaces or leave some white too.
- Spray the coffee filter so the colors run. (I put a towel under so the water will get soaked up). This doesn’t take a whole lot of sprays but kids will love this part!
- Let it dry for a few hours.
- Hang it up in a window!
This can be done for any holiday or for any occasion. We just did ours in patriotic colors to celebrate Memorial Day!
Looking for more Patriotic Ideas?