One of my favorite holiday treats is fudge. It’s so sweet and full of chocolate. It really is the best. We only have it around the holidays so I decided to make a different spin on the fudge this year by adding peppermint. It turned out to be amazing. Peppermint fudge is so easy and delicious!
Want to hear one of the best parts about peppermint fudge? It only calls for 3 things. 3! It really only takes a few minutes to whip up and is so fun to make with kids.
3 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 can of condensed milk
peppermints crushed up
Other things you Need:
Non-stick spray like Pam
9×9 or smaller baking dish (brownie one works best!)
pot to melt chocolate
- First, you need to put some peppermints in a baggie (double bag them) and carefully chop them into pieces with a hammer. My kids loved this job but watch those tiny fingers! We left some bigger chunks.
2. melt your chips with the can of condensed milk. I used a did this with a double boiler instead of the microwave. I found it easier and the chocolate melter smoother. Keep stirring to avoid it from burning!
3. As the chocolate is melting line a 9X9 baking sheet with foil and spray it really well.
4. When the chocolate is a good form transfer it to the pan and very quickly add the peppermints on top.
5. Let the fudge cool and set in the fridge for an hour or so. Then you can take it out and take the entire foil out of the baking sheet for easy cleanup. Cut up the fudge into bite-sized pieces. Store in container for it last longer.