These saltine fire crackers are so good and a cinch to make. They are great by themselves or with your favorite dip!
In our house we love crackers. It’s one snack that my kids will both eat. We usually have all kinds ready and available at our house. I’m not a huge fan of plain crackers so I thought it would be fun to try something to spice them up a bit.
See how you can also turn plain pretzels into ranch pretzels. They are so good too!!
I saw this recipe while browsing on Pinterest and made it my own by adding in my own spices. That’s what is great with fire crackers- you can use really any spices you have to add heat or no heat!
Consider this your official warning: These are so good an highly addictive!!
Saltine Fire Crackers
To make these you will need:
1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
Ranch Dressing Mix (the dry stuff!)
Spices to add some heat like red pepper flakes
1 sleeve of saltines
Gallon sized Bag
This recipe above worked great with 1 sleeve of crackers. When I make this again, I will add more oil and ranch mix to the bag to make for 2 sleeves. If doing 1 sleeve of crackers you will have some oil leftover!
- Preheat oven to 215
2. Begin by placing the 1/2 cup of oil in a gallon bag. Add in about 1/2 of the ranch dressing mix.
3. Add an entire sleeve of saltine crackers to the bag. Try to spread the oil mixture on the crackers so that they get covered.
4. Line a baking sheet with foil.
5. Carefully take out crackers one at a time and place them in rows on the foil.
6. Sprinkle on garlic salt and red pepper flakes.
7. Bake for about 10 minutes
8. Store the saltine fire crackers in an airtight container!
Don’t let the name fool you. You can easily take out the red pepper flakes if you don’t want them too spicy. I have also used some basic pepper to the spice mix and they turned out great!
These saltine fire crackers would go great with: