We all know that eating out with kids can be extremely challenging, especially with young kids! You don’t an overly crowded place where you have to wait forever. I see most parents allowing kids to be on the iPad or phone to help pass the time. (I’m not judging at all, I’ve had to do it too!) Here are some screen-free fun ideas for kids when eating at a restaurant.
- Color: I heart places that give kids a color sheet and fresh crayons. Aren’t they the best??? There are so many fun things you can do with paper and colors. You can start a tic-tac-toe game too if the kids get tired of coloring.
- Play the silverware letter game! This is great for kids ages 2-5. These letters can be made with forks and knives: A, E, F, H, I, K, L, M, N, T, W, X, and Z! You can also make these with crayons if you don’t want to use the silverware. After making the letter, have your child write it on a piece of paper.
- Measure the Table: Use sugar packets to measure the width and length of the table. You can even use words like “estimate” and practice those fun math words.
- Play “Copy Me”: This is great for kids 2/3. Using pen and paper draw a line and have your child copy you. Keep going and draw a circle, square, triangle and even letters! So simple but so fun.
- I-Spy: This is a fun car game but can work great in a crowded restaurant too. Have 1 person choose an object in sight. Using yes or no questions, try and guess the object.
Hopefully, these activities will keep your kids involved and busy while you are waiting on your food. They are simple and fun. If you are looking for some ways to save money when you eat out, check out my tips to help save you some money!