My kids love fun things to drink. The majority of the time they drink water but every once in awhile they drink juice. My daughter is just starting to love lemon-lime soda so on special occasions she has that. When we were on vacation a few weeks ago I created a fun drink and they loved it! This is the perfect summer drink for kids.
This fun summer drink takes a little prep work to make some ice cubes but then putting the actually drink together is easy.
- First, to freeze some flavored juice into ice trays. You can either make some kool-aid or you can add flavored water. I happened to have some different sports drinks so I just used those.
- Freeze these trays. These will be your ice cubes! Depending on how fast your juice freezes, it might take 3+ hours. I made these in the morning and by afternoon our trays were ready.
- When the ice is ready, you will need some plastic cups and some lemon-lime soda.
- Add your colored ice cubes to a plastic cup.
- Pour the lemon-lime soda until it reaches the top.
- Serve with a straw and enjoy!
Need some summer fun ideas or things to do while you wait for those ice cubes to freeze? Check out these ideas!