This wooden photo gift idea makes the perfect gift for Moms for Grandmas and it’s so easy to make!
I always like making my own gifts for Mother’s Day for my mother in law and mom. Grandma’s always like photos of their grandkids. This wooden photo gift is really easy to make and can be made in less than 1 day (which is always good for me!). It would work well for Mother’s Day or even a birthday or Grandparent’s Day.
Wooden Photo Gift
- You’ll need some sort of flat piece of wood that is sanded. I found the perfect ones ready to go at Hobby Lobby. They are about a 5X5 square. I’m sure they have them at other craft stores or online.
- Mod Podge
- A picture (I printed one out myself)
- Hot glue gun
- Any decorative pieces that from scrapbooking area of the craft store
- small easel or photo stand (optional)
- Paint your wood and let dry. I did 2 coats front and back.
- Measure your picture and trim an access off.
- Mod Podge the photo to the front and let dry. I did 2 coats.
- Spray the gloss over the top for a shiny finish (optional)
- Using a hot glue gun, glue the decorative flower or piece to the corner for a nice look on the front.
- Stand the wooden photo gift on an easel.
Looking for another gift idea? Try these photo tiles that I make for Christmas! They can easily be made for Mother’s Day too!