After I first got married I called my Mom to give me some easy recipes I could make for my new husband. If it were up to me I would’ve cooked spaghetti every night 🙂 King Ranch Chicken was one of the meals I remember my Mom making for us growing up. I’ve seen it called a few other things but here in Texas, it’s King Ranch Chicken!
King Ranch chicken takes a few ingredients to put together. It’s a great meal you can prep and save to cook or even freeze. It’s an even better meal for a family in need because of a new baby or illness. Thanks to Mom, it’s turned out to be one of my husband’s favorites!
- corn tortillas (1 pack)
- cheddar cheese 1-2 cups
- Cooked chicken (1-2 cups shredded or cubed)
- 1 can mushroom soup
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- Preheat oven to 350
- Combine soups and some cheese in a bowl
- Add a soup full of soup mixture to a cooking dish
- Tear up corn tortillas and add a layer
- layer soup mixture, chicken, cheese on top, repeat
- Repeat until you have added at least 4 layers
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese on top and some chili powder (optional)
- Bake covered in foil 30 minutes
- Uncover foil and bake additional 10 minutes