We love taco days at our house. It doesn’t have to be just on Tuesdays for taco Tuesdays either! We like tacos so much it’s a regular meal at our house. After watching the Pioneer Woman one afternoon she made a delicious light taco skillet meal. It looked so easy and delicious I couldn’t wait to try it myself! Add this taco skillet meal to your meal plan!
Taco skillet can be made lighter using ground turkey. That’s what I chose to use for this recipe. You can certainly make it with ground beef if that is all you have. We like ground turkey so anytime we make tacos it’s usually with ground turkey!
- 1 pound of ground turkey
- 1 pack of taco seasoning
- 1 cup of your favorite salsa
- 1 can of black beans
- Optional: 1 cup of corn chips
- Any taco fixings you like including: chips, cheese, lettuce, avocados, and tomatoes
- Brown your turkey until it's cooked
- Add in your taco seasoning or taco spices you prefer
- Drain and rinse black beans.
- Add beans to the browned turkey.
- Add the salsa to the turkey mixture.
- Cook for an additional 5 minutes on low to warm everything.
- Add in corn chips or skip this part!
- Set up your fixings in little bowls and make your plate from everything.
This was such a fast and easy meal. My kids loved it (they love anything with chips and beans!) To make ours, didn’t put any chips into the taco skillet until we made our plates. On plates I added the taco skillet mixture, then some chips, then lettuce, cheese, and avocado. Everyone got to make their own plate with whatever toppings they liked. This taco skillet would be great to have my yummy greek yogurt ranch dip as a side. Doesn’t ranch go with everything??
For this taco skillet meal I used Naked Infusion Salsa. They gifted some jars of salsa in exchange for a review. We love salsa and I have tried many different versions and types and I have to say this is a delicious salsa! There are 8 different gourmet flavors. 100% organic and no onions, vinegar, or sugar is added. Each kind is so flavorful and yummy! Want to try this salsa? Get $5 off by using the code Daily-Momtivity at check out! Thank you so much to Naked Infusions for letting us try out some of the delicious salsa. I love it for this recipe and it would be great in my crock pot chicken tacos too!