Are you finding your meal planning is on the struggle bus right now and you need some new inspiration? Check out these 20+ kid friendly dinner ideas to add to your rotation!
I’m forever searching for a meal that both of my kids will like. Then it seems like if both my kids will eat it my husband doesn’t like it. It’s a vicious cycle, isn’t it. I turned to some of my blogger friends to come up with some new kid friendly dinner ideas because I was needing to add some to my rotation. I have a few we rotate through but I love to try a new one every once in awhile. I hope you can find a good one to try here too.
20+ Kid Friendly Dinner Ideas
Cornbreaded Sheet Pan Chicken Strips from AnyReasonLife
- This recipe for cornbreaded sheet pan chicken strips is easy, crispy, and delicious. Using box mix corn bread as the breading for your chicken strips is absolutely mouth watering!
One Pot Chili Mac and Cheese from Swirls of Flavor
- One Pot Chili Mac and Cheese is an easy dinner recipe that combines two all time comfort food favorites, mac and cheese and chili. This one pot recipe is filled with cheesy saucy goodness, and yes, it’s made in just one pot! Kids, and grownups, will love when this tasty chili mac and cheese recipe is on the menu!
Vegan Creamy Tomato Ramenfrom AnyReasonVegans
- This Vegan Creamy Tomato Ramen soup recipe is so easy to make and your whole family will slurp it up. Additionally it’s packed with healthy vegetables!
Copycat Panera Mac and Cheese from Snug & Cozy Life
- This copycat Panera Mac and Cheese recipe is so easy and can be made in just 15 minutes! Using just one pan and only a few ingredients, this is an easy dinner idea that is even faster than getting takeout!
Coconut Chicken Tenders from Home cooking Memories
- These quick and easy Coconut Chicken Tenders are healthy and delicious! Featuring 100% whole wheat breadcrumbs and coconut flakes, these oven-baked dippers are a favorite of all ages
Frito Pie from Daily Momtivity
- Change up taco night into frito pie! It’s easy and to do and kids will love building their frito bowl with extra chips. It’s a good meal to make for a quick weeknight meal.
Homemade Sloppy Joes from Easy Budget Recipes
- Homemade Sloppy Joes is a classic dinner recipe that kids and adults love. It is easy to make and economical too! It takes less than 30 minutes to make and costs just $9.34 for a serving of 6.
Pasta With Carrot Sauce from Flavours Treat
- Pasta with carrot sauce is a creamy, mildly sweet and flavourful dish that makes a great meal for kids.This recipe is easy to make with a few ingredients and the silky smooth carrot sauce has a magical power to appeal even the pickiest kid to eat their meals without any fuss.
Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole from Wholesome Yum
- A low carb, cheesy chicken bacon ranch casserole recipe that the whole family will love. Quick and easy with just 7 common ingredients, 5 minutes prep, and options for 2 ways to make it.
Lazy Falafel (Vegan + GF) from Rhian’s Recipes
- This Lazy Falafel is super easy to make, will take up less than 30 minutes of your time, and tastes every bit as delicious as the traditional version! Vegan and gluten-free.
Instant Pot Sausage and Potatoes from Corrie Cooks
- A quick, comforting and consistent dish of sausages and potatoes that will warm you up on colder evenings.This Recipe is a great one-pot meal for the whole family you can make it in less than 30 minutes!
Kid Friendly Pasta Salad from Little Sunny Kitchen
- This kid-friendly pasta salad is packed with lots of fresh veggies, which makes it a healthy, filling, colourful and delicious meal that your child will love!
Flatbread Pizza from Little Sunny Kitchen
- Easy 5-minute flatbread pizza that your kids will love! This pizza makes a wonderful summer meal when you don’t want to spend much time in the kitchen.
Air Fryer Mac & Cheese Balls from from Recipes from a Pantry
- I have found the ultimate comfort food snack! Air Fried Mac and Cheese Balls are perfectly crunchy on the outside and deliciously creamy inside. Quick and easy to make, this 3 ingredient recipe uses everyone’s favorite mac and cheese leftovers in the best possible way.
Easy Dorito Chicken Tenders from Dancing Through the Rain
- These Easy Doritos Chicken Tenders are kid-friendly and delicious! With only a few ingredients, anyone can make this easy meal!
Homemade Pizza Pockets from Dancing Through the Rain
- These Homemade Pizza Pockets are easy to make and lots of fun for the family! Allow everyone to choose their own ingredients to make it an experience AND a meal!
Easy Biscuit Beef Bundles from Mission to Save
- This easy Biscuit Beef Bundles recipe is perfect for busy weeknight meals. It’s a picky eater, kid-pleaser, finger food too.
Taco Macaroni Casserole from Homemade Interest
- This Taco Macaroni Casserole is an easy taco bake recipe that gives your typical macaroni and cheese recipe a little Southwest flavor.
Pizza Casserole from Homemade Interest
- Make pizza night extra fun with this Pizza Casserole! It’s an easy pizza bake made with pasta, cheese, and all of your favorite pizza toppings.
Tater Tot Chili Dog Casserole from Oma Darling
- Tater Tot Chili Dog Casserole is everything you want comfort food to be. It’s a chili dog, without the mess and topped with extra cheese and crunchy tater tots! Talk about a winner!!
Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork from Daily Momtivity
- This Dr. Pepper pulled pork is so tasty and delicious. It’s cooks all day in the crock pot but it’s always a crowd pleaser, even with kids- perfect on a hot summer day!
Need some more inspiration? Check out these kid-friendly lunch ideas.