Like most of the country, even North Texas has been experiencing some wintery weather. What’s the best meal for a cold night? Chili! I was on the hunt for a newish chili recipe to change things up and I think I found it! Let me introduce Skinny Taste Crockpot Chicken Chili..
Let me just say, I’m not exactly sure what makes this meal ‘skinny’ but it was so good! Another plus is that it is a crock pot meal so you combine everything and let it sit. Nice and easy.
What You Need:
- 1 small onion, chopped (I didn’t use this)
- 1 (15.5 oz) can black beans
- 1 (15.5 oz) can kidney beans
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 10 oz package frozen corn kernels (I didnt’ have any)
- 2 (10 oz) cans diced tomatoes w/chilies
- 1 packet reduced sodium taco seasoning or homemade (see below)
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 24 oz (3-4) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 oz can chopped green chili peppers, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro (to garnish)
Combine beans, onion, chili
peppers, corn, tomato sauce, diced tomato, cumin, chili powder and taco
seasoning in a slow cooker and mix well. Mix the chicken in, cover and cook on LOW
for 10 hours or on HIGH for 6 hours. Half hour before serving, remove chicken
and shred. Return chicken to slow cooker and stir in. Top with fresh cilantro.
I put some corn chips at the bottom of a bowl and placed the soup on top. I garnished with a little cheddar cheese. Was very good! My husband and I LOVED it. My daughter thought it was just okay. She’s not a huge bean fan. Hopefully your kids will LOVE It!
Check out more fab recipes from Skinny Taste!
This would make a great freezer meal. It would also be a nice and easy meal to take someone else.